Simple programs to share with other Boston Public Library locations that serve teenagers. This tumblr is maintained by Laura Koenig, Grove Hall teen librarian
Materials in the Box:
Librarian Must Provide:
- glue sticks
- Cover one side of your paper in a layer of glue.
- Cut a few pieces of yarn. Arrange them on your paper to create a pattern. You can use them to make a picture, or make abstract shapes.
- Tear off a piece of foil that is longer than your paper and place it over your paper. Starting in the middle and moving out to the edges, carefully press the foil down so that it is flat on the page and the yarn leaves a raised pattern on the foil. Fold the edges of the foil over the sides of the page and glue them down.
- Use the sharpies to color in your foil design.
- If teens are looking for inspiration, check out these finished projects at We Heart Art. These look amazing tiled together on the wall!
This box is at the Grove Hall branch - please check availability here and contact Laura if you would like to borrow it!